Did you know that the current halt in therapy services for special needs children can leave a long-lasting impact on your child’s developmental progress and set them back for months?
The recent coronavirus outbreak has affected lives all over the world. The spread of the now declared global pandemic by WHO has led to the lockdown of cities and subsequent discontinuation of normal services for the next 2-3 weeks until the situation de-escalates.
The current situation
Special schools closed.
Therapy centres closed.
Special needs services unavailable.
While we’re all on a mission to flatten the curve by staying home and practicing social distancing, the unplanned discontinuation of therapeutic support services for your child with special needs can not only lead to distress caused by the sudden change in routine, but it may have a far-reaching and serious impact on the progress that has been made in their development through regular therapy. The developmental goals previously achieved in therapy may suffer a setback and the child may regress into an earlier developmental stage due to a loss of recently acquired skills.
Make sure that you don’t have to start all over again and that the progress made at therapy does is not in vain. To ensure that you have everything needed to continue therapy at home, you can take advantage of the comprehensive home-based therapy support model offered by Mom’s Belief to continue structured therapeutic intervention for your child from the comfort and safety of your home.
The all-comprehensive home-based therapy support program includes-
1. Guidance, training & Monitoring – by a dedicated child psychologist
2. Strategies for Skill-Building – that incorporates things easily available at home.
3. Comprehensive Support – for speech, sensory difficulties, behaviour management, and parenting skills.
4. Direct Video Call Consultation – with senior experts.
How it works :
- A child psychologist is assigned to your child’s case.
- The psychologist completes a neurodevelopmental profile of the child.
- The psychologist creates an individualized education plan (IEP) for the child.
- The psychologist customizes strategies & for therapy methods for different types of skill-building.
- A list of materials available at home is made to be used as teaching tools & resources for skill development.
- The parent will be trained to use our tools and techniques by the child development expert on video calls.
- After every few weeks, the child’s progress is checked, a new IEP is prepared and the list of tools & strategies are revised.
This module has been designed specifically to support children with special needs and their families in this period where social distancing is the need of the hour as we’re being confronted with the incidence of a widespread global pandemic. Since effective contactless services are given high priority, we wish to continue providing remote therapy services to ensure that no compromises are made in any child’s need for therapeutic support due to the temporary closure of therapy centres.
This might be the best time for you to learn as much as you can about the different ways you can support your child as being a parent of a child with special needs, more often than not, means becoming an expert in your child’s condition. Thus, learning skills and strategies to function as a therapist for your child is a revolutionary step that you can take which will help you out in the long run.